Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is Education really supposed to be about making money?

Honestly, money and a job isn't my most important goal in continuing my education. One of the most important and core reasons I dig for even more "wisdom and knowledge", is that I live in a world even I fail to comprehend and I'm searching for truth or what transcends truth in a world of uncertainty and unpredictability. I also search for knowledge in order to help turn a world around and to make my life mean something. What most people seem to have forgotten, is that money and materialism is temporary, so is your career, your "American dream", and your life; but the more education and knowledge you gain during this finite lifetime can help you change the world, and if one changes the world and is remembered for something other than money and the things that lie within the themes of "vanitas", then they're not truly dead and gone, but their memory truly does become somewhat "infinate". Education has turned into a monopoly in the game of Capitalism, when it should be used to help turn the world around and bring our world into an age of peace and understanding that should transcend the confines of worldly possessions and ideas. Sure money provides, but so does compassion, love, and an understanding and education about the current state of man. Education transcends money, but it seems our society has blinded us to this.

(What I'm trying to say is that education shouldn't truly be about finding a job and making money in my opinion, it needs to be put to better things that will help humanity. Any objections?)

No comments:

Post a Comment